Welcome to the Dallas Metro Counseling Association
DMCA is a chapter of the Texas Counseling Association serving members in the Dallas area.
The purposes of the Dallas Metro Counseling Association are consistent with those of the Texas Counseling Association and enhance individual human development by:
- Seeking to advance the scientific discipline of guidance, counseling and personnel work
- Conducting and fostering programs of education in the field of guidance, counseling and personnel work
- Promoting sound guidance, counseling and personnel practices in the interest of society and the individual
- Stimulating, promoting and conducting programs of scientific research and of education in the field of guidance, counseling and personnel work
- Publishing scientific, educational and professional literature
- Advancing high standards by conducting scientific, educational and professional meetings and conferences
- Informing and educating the general public about the human development profession
- Establishing contacts with various organizations for scientific and educational pursuits, and
- Examining conditions which create barriers to individual development and working to remove them
Dallas Metro Counseling Association (DMCA) and the Texas Counseling Association (TCA), a diverse community of counseling professionals, educate about and advocate for the understanding and delivery of effective counseling.